7/21/06

32) Enchilada Boycott Continues

July 20, 2006
Thursday

El Milagro: Diane cannulated me today and did a good job. I was a bit apprehensive since the last few times she has had to call someone over to adjust her stick. Jennifer the dietician scooted by in her rolling chair (staff all appear to like to scoot around the slick linoleum floors on secretary chairs or short stools with wheels on them) and I shared what I had told Laura about my non-enchilada days. Turns out Laura is not Jennifer’s junior: they are equals and Laura has been here much longer than Jennifer. Jennifer just seems to be the head honcho because she is much more gregarious than Laura. Jennifer reported that since I’m not actually getting blood work until next Tuesday (Last Tuesday was for a blood count), I must continue my enchilada, cheese, bean boycott. I agreed somewhat reluctantly. We also talked about why my protein score is going down and she didn’t really have a good idea about that. I did give her an assignment to find out the phosphorus count on the various kinds of fish we can eat (salmon, trout, redfish, snapper, and maybe catfish).

Later Ron the nurse stopped by and gave me the first of a three-series Hepatitis C shot. He had noticed in my record that I don’t have that and said it is a good idea around here to over-protect yourself. “What’s one more shot?” I said. It was an easy session today: watched TV and read the Networker.

Notes: In at 73.6 Kg, and out at 72.1 Kg.

No comments: