3/4/07

108: Adding Saline

March 3, 2007
Saturday

Morning:
Shayna’s basketball team seemingly decided the season is over before playing their last game this morning. By the time I left to get to dialysis on time, the score was 36 to 14 and it didn’t look like they were gonna come back. Shayna was playing okay; covering her man well and looking for rebounds, but had complained that her allergies were bothering her. I think they were all ready for the season to be over. The best part of this season for Shayna was the coach, who spent a lot of time individually with each player and really knows his stuff on the basics of playing b-ball.

El Milagro: I am on time today and the center is actually full for this earlier session. They seat me on the north wall between the front and the back areas and Melissa the Tech cannulates me. According to James the Nurse, Melissa has been around for years but working at Moncrief center. Melissa is quite easy to look at and verbally confident, saying something like, “Hi, I’m Melissa and I’m one of the best stickers in the world!” She lives up to her claim and before I know it I’m stuck, taped up, and immersed in the UT – Kansas basketball game. The first half of the game is excellent! UT plays like a championship team, shooting over 60%, hitting 11 of 14 three-pointers, and leading 54-42. But in the second half, it was all Kansas. They came back with a vengeance and ended up winning the game, which was as the bookies had predicted them to be a 10-point favorite. So, # 3 beat # 15 by a measly 4 points, 90 to 86. Now we have the Big 12 Tourney from March 8th through 11th. Oh Boy!

After the UT game I tried to get interested in UCLA get beat by the Huskies but fell asleep during the game.

My last two dialysis sessions have totally wiped me out. This time I didn’t have to get extra saline, but I did get leg cramps at the end, and was more tired than usual afterwards. I asked Ron the Nurse if he could recall how much saline they gave me last time and he replied that it was probably about 5 cc’s. So, I asked, “How would that effect my leaving weight?”, and he said, “It wouldn’t make much difference. A whole bottle of saline is about one kilogram, or 2.2. pounds and we just gave you about 5 cc’s so it wouldn’t add much at all to your outgoing weight.”

Today I got out at about 3:30 and hurried home, hoping to have some time to do some chores around the house.

Later: When I got home, Liz and Shayna were watching The Illusionist so of course, I couched out to watch too, and basically spent the rest of the afternoon in a prone position, “resting” and sleeping. When dialyisis wipes me out, that’s the home afterwards story: rest and sleep. Onward through the Fog!

Notes: In at 75.4 and out at 72.8 Kgs.
New Readers: For A Welcome Post, click August 2006 on the Sidebar.

No comments: