6/20/07

140) Juneteenth

June 19, 2007
Thursday

El Milagro:
I rush in almost late and Eloy is ready to hook me up. Phyllis the Nurse introduces me to my neighbor, John, and asks me to talk to him about links for info on dialysis. Well, of course, I tell him about this blog and the links on it’s sidebar. This is John’s first day and once I realize that, after thinking I’d seen him here before, I remember my own anxiety about my first day. “It’s a lot to get used to at first” I say to him. His questions are all about wanting specific answers to the questions we all have: how long do people survive on dialysis? What do I have to change in my diet?, and Where can I get a frosty mug of beer? John and I chat a bit and I mention Da Vita’s website and Phyllis touts the Kidney Patients Assn.

Later Jennifer the Dietician comes along and gives me my newest lab report: all is going well in my labs. Phosphorous and Potassium are both within the limits they should be. That’s all folks!

Notes: In at 76.1 and out at 72.1 Kgs.
New Readers: For A Welcome Post, click August 2006 on the Sidebar.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jack, Was just reading through your blog and wanted to send my greetings and best wishes. Tomorrow is Jude and my 37th anniversary. It's been around that long since our days in Anthony, NM and the Broken Arms. Best to Liz and family, Best, Cliff

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack - Just stopping by to say, "hello." I like to hear about your good lab reports!! We look forward to helping you celebrate your 60th birthday. I wonder....are you having any feelings about being 60? Or does that sort of thing only happen to "womenfolk" like me? Your cheryl

Anonymous said...

Thanks for turning me on to your sight and for making me part of the flock.

John