11/30/07

189) Back in the Saddle Again

November 29, 2007
Thursday

El Milagro:
Rosie cannulated me tonight, putting me in the corner that she thinks is my quiet seat for writing. I've got this old Gene Autry song rolling in my head as I return to blogging after my break... "I'm back in the saddle again, out where a friend is a freind..."

Dr. Rowder and crew are making rounds and I hear laughter and his explanations and "takes" on things as he moves around the cattle...., er.. I mean patients. Jennifer the Dietician is back from her honeymoon and seems quite animated... and, Monica the Nurse is taking up the rear quietly and professionally. There's no social work component tonight. When they get to me, Rowder reports that my phosphorous "is great" again and we all nod agreeably that it really must've been Luis's fault for feeding me all the wrong things last time I was in Laredo. Cheese is the culprit for me it seems. Jennifer the D. has been researching the varieties of brie, which is supposedly alright to eat.

I am working on a writing assignment here lately so that keeps me too busy to pay much attention to the goings on in the center.

ABC News comes on and I watch... of interest: 5000 kids in Austin are homeless. So then Isleep a little, and then watch Survivor. My guy gets voted off tonight so that is not so good. He was snookered by people he thought he could trust. Does that sound familiar in the ongoing relationship between the races?

I finish up about last again... right about 1/2 way through Gray's Anatomy, which is still seeming too soapy and lame to watch closely. Maybe I am getting ready to snuggle in at dialysis with a new book.

Notes: In at 75.6 and out at 72.7

New Readers: For A Welcome Post, click August 2006 on the Sidebar.

No comments: