12/23/07

198) Texas Falls to MSU

December 22, 2007
Saturday

El Milagro: I come in at 4 today so I can catch the Texas – MSU game on ESPN. Carol the Tech cannulates me and she says we can only take off a couple, since I’ll be back on X-mas eve. I doze until the game, listening to All Things Considered… especially a story interviewing Ross Baker* about the acrimony between Dems and Republicans, which seems worse than ever before. It’s not, but Baker thinks it’s pretty bad. I think it has to do with the basically different values between the two, and from my perspective, most of us can’t even talk to them about politics anymore. In a way that’s a loss, because when we could converse we both were able to hear each other’s ideas and we were even able, at times, to debate the issues. Those days, I’m afraid, are gone.

The game co
mes on and I get immersed in the game, worrying that even though we are unbeaten we lost to MSU last year and we are playing in their backyard… so, Tom Izzo might prevail. At half time I am really worried. In the second half, the Spartans are there, but where are the Longhorns… have we already headed back to Texas (to work on our ranch)? YIKES! By the end of the game I am depressed and not even Abrams shooting about 5 straight 3-pointers pulled them or me out. I tip my hat to your boys, Dad.

I’m on vacation for the n
ext couple weeks, so dialysis will seem even more of a chore than usual. Today I had to clean up and change clothes to go to dialysis. Yuck.

Notes: In at 75.6 and out at 75.0 kgs.
*Congress Ends Year with Disappointing Marks retrieved online from NPR, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17551753
New Readers: For A Welcome Post, click August 2006 on the Sidebar.

No comments: