1/14/09

315) Tuesday Tuesday

January 13, 2009
Tuesday

El Milagro: I am on time today and the chair is ready and Celeste the Nurse hooks me up and does my nursing evaluation. I settle in, get my pens and papers and radio all arranged and am continuing some work from the office today: reviewing and making notes for writing a proposal to fund a statewide research study on the effectiveness of SFBT.

Dr. Venkatesh and Jordi the Dietician come up to visit and I review with them my GERD troubles (which are gone currently). She looks over my labs and says my hemoglobin is down somewhat and other than that all looks good.

By 5:30 I am ready to watch the ABC News and af
terwards put my chair back and snooze for awhile. Later I surf the channels and find two Universe episodes to watch, which attract my attentions for the rest of the session. So it goes on a Tuesday evening.

Notes: In at 78.3 and out at 75 kgs.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Another Passing On Report from Dad: Email from Dad today on the passing of Geri Whitley. How this involves me is Geri was another of thos
e important women of my early history. In my memory, which is implanted by stories from my mom, mostly... Geri and John Whitley lived upstairs from us in Munich in the early '50s and I enjoyed hanging out upstairs with her. Geri allowed and encouraged me to cut the tops off of pictures of cars that I cut out of magazines... to make them into convertables... whereas my mom didn't really like that idea. I think the reason was that my mom was trying to teach me to "stay in the lines" even in cutting out pictures. At any rate my memories are from stories and photos in the family photo albums... of Geri and snow and fluffy overcoats and black cocker spaniels and cutting off the tops of cars while sitting on the warm rugs of long lost times in the past. The following obituary is from the Colorado Springs Gazette

Geraldine Ruth Whitley

November 21, 1920 - December 30, 2008
Geraldine Ruth Whitley left this world on December 30th, 2008 after complications due to a fall she took on December 26th. Geri was born on November 21, 1920 on a farm near Neosho Falls, KS to Edgar Charles Campbell and Estella Mae Hall. After graduating from Leroy High School in 1938, she moved to Snyder, Texas with her family and took a job with JC Penney Company in the accounting department. Later she moved to Lubbock, Texas where she worked at the regional airport. It was there she met her future husband, John, an Army Air Corps pilot. They had a whirlwind romance and were married within three months of meeting, on February 2, 1946. That marriage lasted 62 wonderful years and included life in various places such as post-WWII Germany; Anchorage, Alaska; and many other stops in between. Geri was a homemaker in Colorado Springs until the mid-seventies when she took a job as a paraprofessional in the English Resource Center at Mitchell High School where she worked for many years. Geri was a loving wife, mother and grandmother and was devoted to her family and friends. She was kind to everyone and never met a stranger. Her life was spent "doing for others". Geri was preceded in death by her parents, sisters Bonnie Foree and Joan Maples, and grandson Patrick Niedringhaus. She is survived by her loving husband John; son Rusty (Yvette); daughter Leah Niedringhaus (Dave); and grandsons Andy Niedringhaus and J.T. Whitley. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, January 4th, at 4 p.m at St. Paul's United Methodist Church located at 2111 Carlton Avenue. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations in Geri's memory be made to Cal Farley's Boys Ranch, P.O. Box 1890, Amarillo, TX 79174-0001, or the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region, 610 Abbott Lane, Colorado Springs, CO 80905. A private internment will take place at Fort Logan National Cemetery at a later date.

No comments: