5/6/18

(457) Sunday Morning Ceremony # 477

May 6, 2018
Sunday

As I was making coffee and setting out my meds this morning, with the bright sun streaming in the window, I was thinking how I do this every Sunday morning and how the sun hits the table at different angles throughout the year.  Year after year after year.

It made me wonder how many times I have performed this ceremony for Mordechai's continued health as well as my own. Using an internet Time & Date Calculator, it comes out that I have completed 476 pill box fillings since March 15, 2009.  Through many different pill variations (the names and dosages come and go) that are tracked by number sequentially through the years, I have sat down at the head of that table time and time again, arranging the bottles and boxes; getting out a serrated knife with which to extrude the encapsulated cyclosporine capsules from their plastic pouches; pulling out the most recent Clinic list in case I need a reminder about a specific time and dosage; and going through the process slowly and metholically. 

Although the details evolve and recede like the tides, the process happens every Sunday morning, in synch with the cycle of the Sunlight seasons.  So, it goes.

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My methodology is not numbered, but I follow a similar pattern. Every two weeks, on Monday morning, I sit at my desk (at home) and refill my pill containers. I've got a cardboard box that holds all my medications.

I pull all the medicine containers from the box, and then add them, one-by-one, to the appropriate boxes (morning or evening). Like you, names and dosages have changed since 2007. At the moment, I'm removing and emptying 13 different bottles (medicines and vitamins).

Keep up the good work! Keep that kidney alive and well!

Rosa Vito said...

Holy Smoke, Jack! Had no idea you took so many meds. All the best to you.