8/9/06

39) In Which Jack Doesn't Meet Jill

August 8, 2006
Tuesday

El Milagro:
Carol cannulated me today. She is an all-business tech with her hair pulled back into a pony tail and she rushes around doing her job as if the faster she works the quicker the time will pass. Not too much small talk but friendly enough and seemingly very experienced and professional.

After I am cannulated and ten pages into my reading, the new, bookish, talky-phone woman arrives and is seated right beside me to the right. I am hearing little tidbits about her as Phyllis does her introduction talk and asks if she has any questions. I learn her name is Jill. She has a 14 year old daughter. Jill has lots of friends, extrapolating from the number of phone calls she gets and makes. Maybe it’s just her daughter calling her every few minutes. I am waiting to introduce myself to her but every time I get ready to, she gets on the phone.

So, today I just read on my book, watch the news, and take a snooze.

Notes: In at 74.4 Kg. and out at 71.6 Kg.

No comments: