8/25/06

46) Sleep Session

August 24, 2006
Thursday

El Milagro:
When I got here today I immediately noticed that Kim the Tech was back from having her baby (Kim was the first person to cannulated me when I started dialysis). Marilyn the Social Worker said they got my complete physical from the Transplant Clinic and I am all set to travel wherever I want. Carol cannulated me today and I almost immediately fell asleep. I must be very tired from being at a conference since Tuesday. I woke up at about 6:30 and as Diane was prepping me for de-cannulation, she reported that Dr. Moritz came by to see me but the staff wouldn’t let him wake me up. I replied, “Thanks, I guess”.

Today, in an over heard conversation I found out that each patient’s personal dialysizer is used about 50 times with careful cleaning and sanitizing between each use.

Notes: In at 74.2 Kg. and out at 71.7 Kg.

No comments: