8/15/07

154) Conference Dialysis

Aug 14, 2007
Tuesday

El Milagro: I’m in my favorite corner today, having rushed over here early from the TNOYS Conference down the road (Pre Conf Institute with Barry Duncan*), and then waited until 4:15 to get poked. So it goes. As Eloy is cannulating me Dr. Rowder rolls up with his chart cart and Monica the Nurse hanging behind. In response to his “How’s it going?” I report going to see Moritz yesterday for my annual doctor’s visit and that we have a new script… Rowder nods and says something like, “Good. I was going to have to schedule you so I’m glad you took care of that.” So, both he and I are happy about my assertiveness. That’s good.

I settle into a long nap and then read a little of de Shazer’s last book; More than miracles: The state of the art of SFBT. I’m thinking this is going to be one of my texts if my solution-focused therapy class gets accepted at the school. Before I know it Carol is there to unhook me and patch me up. My BP is pretty low tonight… probably cause they took off over 7.5 pounds. I am driving home dizzy, Gillespie.

Notes: In at 75.8 and out at 72.3 kgs.
*See Institute for Study of Therapeutic Change online at www.talkingcure.com/
New Readers: For A Welcome Post, click August 2006 on the Sidebar.

No comments: