8/30/07

156) Arroz con pollo

Aug 25, 2007
Saturday

El Milagro:
I’m in at 10:30 this morning, after Phyllis the Nurse called last night to reserve an early chair for me. I drove over here from Martha’s garage sale, where I picked up a couple books, a table runner, and a martini shaker. As I am getting stuck by Jason the TV is on the food channel, which I seldom watch because it always makes me hungry and I’m usually jealous of the cooking skills of the people I see on their shows. However, before I can escape the food channel, I get hooked by arroz con pollo!* Jason, meanwhile is asking me if each poke is okay and if there is any pain (which can indicate that one of the needles is up against the side of the vein) and I am trying to talk to him while I’m watching a soundless food show. I recall simultaneously that last Thursday when he was sticking me, we discussed his growing up in Buda and attending Hayes High School. Turns out he knows my old boss, Mitch and even went on trips to the Frio River along with Mitch and family. It is a small world indeed.

Today I only watch TV: food shows, mythbusters, and some other Discovery Channel nature show. It is all a blur and I can only concentrate on zooming home at the end to try out this recipe, thinking it’ll be a great addition to our chile feast coming up.

Notes: In at 75.8 and out at 72.3 kgs.
*
Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffmann Paint party retrieved online from http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ih/episode/0,,FOOD_29816_52361,00.html
New Readers: For A Welcome Post, click August 2006 on the Sidebar.

No comments: