10/19/07

178) Blood Work Tuesday

October 16, 2007
Tuesday

El Milagro: I weigh in pretty high today… one of the normalish occurances on Tuesday, after being away from here since Saturday and eating hearty over the weekend… I gain weight. Today it is 76.2 and I know I don’t want to drop 4 pounds because that can be a path through time to cramp-land by the end of the session. So, I direct Debbie the Tech to “take off 3” and she replies, “3.5?” and I nod in agreement. She documents our plans in the computer and a few minutes later Rosie the Tech comes over and sticks me. Today is lab work, so before hooking me up Rosie sets the arterial needle and venous needle and then uses the arterial needle to collect three vials of blood: one for sending to San Antonio for checking my current antibodies, a vial for the lab to check my potassium and phosphorous, and a vial for the billy goats three.

I sleep (was up late last night waiting for our houseguest from Baton Rouge, who is in Austin for a Training of Trainers for Frank’s CYC Institute*. She was held up in Houston and didn’t get dropped off here by Frank and Pam until 11:30 pm.)

I watch Frontline’s Cheney’s Law episode, in which we learn how Dick Cheney “conducted a secretive, behind-closed-doors campaign to give the president virtually unlimited wartime power. Finally, in the aftermath of 9/11, the Justice Department and the White House made a number of controversial legal decisions. Orchestrated by Cheney and his lawyer David Addington, the department interpreted executive power in an expansive and extraordinary way, granting President George W. Bush the power to detain, interrogate, torture, wiretap and spy -- without congressional approval or judicial review.”**

Rosie takes me off and we discuss cooking Mexicano.

Notes: In at 76.2and out at 73.3 kgs.
* CYC Institute website online at: http://www.cyccertification.org/about.asp

**Cheney’s Law (Oct. 16, 2007) Retrieved October 2007 online from Frontline’s website, http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/cheney/view/
New Readers: For A Welcome Post, click August 2006 on the Sidebar.

No comments: