10/20/06

66) Lab Report & Enchilada Surprise

October 19
Thursday

El Milagro: Carol cannulated me today. Discussed latest lab results with Jennifer the Dietician tonight. My labs look good; phosphorous is lowering to 5.7 (3.5 to 5.5 is good), PTH (parathyroid hormone) is good at 288, and potassium is getting higher again (5.8), but not radically (3.5 - 5.5 is good). She also talked to me about beginning to watch (count) my fluid intake, since it may be that my fluid retention is rising. That would be bad news, cause it would inevitably lead to my having to keep fluid intake down to a level that is less than most people drink in a day.


Notes: In at 75.3 and out at 72 Kg.
Yesterday my friend and former mentor, Wayne came to town to do some workshops for a conference. It was just by a fluke that I even heard he was gonna be in town. I was at the Mariott at the end session of the Evidence-based conference Liz organized and ran into an old social work friend, who told me Wayne was coming in to do some workshops for their conference, which was starting right after Liz's ended. I emailed Wayne that afternoon and made plans to I pick him up at the airport and we then picked up Liz and Shayna and went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant. I ate two cheese enchiladas and they were fabulous, to coin a Wayne phrase. That's the longest I've ever gone without an enchilada. Maybe if my PTH stays down and I keep taking my binders, I'll be able to eat-an-enchilada again.

No comments: