12/5/06

79) French Fry Fiasco

December 4, 2006
Monday

Warning:
Body Functions Ahead: This post is not for the faint of heart!

Last Night: In continuing our holiday partying, we took Shayna to see the Gizmo Guys* at the Parmount Theatre yesterday afternoon. We got outa there about 5 and decided to continue our downtown holiday revelry by going to Hut’s to eat. We celebrated with Hut’s** famous hamburgers, where I broke my diet rules (holiday hoopla) by drinking a Shiner Bock and eating FRENCH FRIES. I duitfully took my binders afterwards and all was well.

Well, at 1 o’clock in the morning, the result of my binders binding with the phosphorus made me have the urge to have a bowel movement. I ran to the toilet and began blowing out the phosphorus in the beer and fries. This continued for awhile and then I climbed back into bed to resume my snooze.

Then at 3:30 I was up and at it again. Then at 4:45 I was up and at it again. Then at 7:30 I got up… and immediately had that urge again. What a busy night my bowels had!

And, my recommendation for all of you dialysis people: Stick to your diet and don’t cheat on French fries.

Notes: *The Gizmo Guys website available online at
http://thegizmoguys.com/
** The Chronicle on Hut’s available online at
http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Guides/Location?GuideLevel=Food&oid=oid:45148

No comments: